23.12.14

I have loved color contact lenses since I was a

I have loved color contact lenses since I was a teenager, although my tastes in them have changed considerably. Back then, color contacts we... thumbnail 1 summary
I have loved color contact lenses since I was a teenager, although my tastes in them have changed considerably. Back then, color contacts were about acting out. My parents were appalled when I wanted To get color contact lenses. They were pretty awesome at the time. They would make your eyes look just like a cat's eyes, something that seemed almost like a miracle to me. It was so cool, and it would earn me so many bizarre and intrigued looks. Needless to say, I was on my own to save up for the color contact lenses.

My parents probably consoled themselves by saying that my color contact lens fixation was just a phase. I am sure they are a bit dismayed by the fact that I still wear color contacts all these years later. Fortunately, my taste in color contact lenses has changed somewhat. I don't go for anything so bizarre and out there anymore.

Nowadays, I like something subtler. A lot of my color contact lenses, in fact, could pass for natural eye shades. I have a pair in sky blue, another one in a greenish hue, and another one which makes my eyes look almost black. What I like about the shades is that they are naturalistic, but just a little bit intense. They look stronger than most natural eyes. People don't always notice it at once, but there is something about my appearance that strikes them. I still like getting attention all these years later, but I like a more subtle, mystified attention. That is where contact color lenses come in handy.

It is nice to have a few pairs of color contact lenses to change. It is amazing how small details that will catch people totally off guard. My brother, when he used to want to avoid people, would simply shave his beard. People were so used to seeing him covered with hair that, when he was clean-shaven, they would pass by on the street without seeing him. Sometimes, it is the same thing with color contact lenses. If my eyes are suddenly a bright green and my outfit is something different than what I would normally wear, people just don't notice me. It is a great way to go incognito when I'm not feeling in a very talkative mood. It is funny that the same thing that gets me attention can also keep me away from attention. That is the beauty of clothing.