23.12.14

What Is Your Definition of Beauty?

You have probably heard people say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think that depends on the age of the beholder. The... thumbnail 1 summary
You have probably heard people say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think that depends on the age of the beholder. The definition of beauty that everyone has usually evolves as they age. What I may have turned past when I was eighteen years old might be something I would give a second look now that I am in my thirties. This is because I realize that looks are always important, but they rarely make a person desirable. Its all about who they are and how they treat the world that defines how beautiful they really are.

My definition of beauty is going to be different from everyone elses. Some think of beauty as what they see in the pages of a magazine, but that is up to them. What I see when I look at someone new is the outer looks, but that lasts only for a short time. I reserve my definition of beauty to be subjective no matter who I meet. I have meet attractive people that have turned ugly because of a bad personality, and I have met those that seemed rather plain, but grew to be very attractive because they were amazing, charming, and witty people.

If you are young, that definition of beauty may not be something you see. That is okay, as that is usually the way it is. Your life will determine what you decide to see in someone, and there really is no wrong answer. The important thing is that you dont treat people badly who do not fit into your definition of beauty. No one can tell you what you think is pleasing, but to hold it against someone is something you may regret in the future. Each person has something to offer and a lesson to teach you, if only you take a moment to see and to listen.

Beauty is not only about people, but about the world around you. You may see a sunset or a magnificent tree and feel that is the definition of beauty. You may see the good things that people do for each other, and that may be what you define as beautiful. You probably see beauty in things that dont appeal to others. The point is to appreciate what you love, and what fits into your definition of beauty. Make that what guides you through your life and what helps you when you need peace and serenity.